WHAT IT IS
A standard wheel relies solely on tire inflation pressure to maintain a seal between the tire bead and rim. A Method beadlock wheel is different from a normal wheel in that it relies on clamping force generated by the tightening of a set of bolts that thread into the wheel and apply force to the beadlock ring which mechanically clamps and seals the tire’s outer bead to the wheel.
WHAT DOES A METHOD BEADLOCK WHEEL CONSIST OF
- Solid aluminum construction with T6 heat treatment
- Threaded holes accommodate beadlock hardware
- Grade 8 zinc-plated hardware secures beadlock ring to the wheel
- Forged aluminum beadlock ring applies strong clamping force to tire bead
- Recessed design provides 360 degree protection from bolt head shearing
- Machined grooves interlock with tire bead to prevent tire rotation on the wheel from extreme torque and traction
BEAD SEAT AREA
- Optimized extra wide bead seat accommodates larger tires
- Tire clamps between wheel lip and beadlock ring
WHY ARE METHOD BEADLOCKS OFF-ROAD PROVEN
The main advantage of a Method Race Wheels beadlock wheel over a standard wheel is that the seal between the tire and wheel is maintained independent of inflation pressure. This is a characteristic that is beneficial for off road use where lower inflation pressures are used to gain maximum traction by enlarging the tire contact patch on loose surfaces and reducing ride harshness felt while traveling on rough terrain by reducing the effective spring rate of the tire.