SuperATV Honda Talon 1000R 8" Portal Gear Lift Kit
Gear Down and Go Big
Your 68” wide Honda Talon is built for action—that’s why you bought it after all. But if you want to take your side-by-side to the extreme, you need SuperATV’s 8” GDP Portal Gear Lift. It gives you a massive lift and a 45% gear reduction. That gives you room to run massive tires and tons of torque for quick acceleration. It’s the ultimate UTV lift.
GDP—the Most Trusted Name in Portals
Why should you choose GDP? That’s easy—with top notch quality and an unbeatable track record, it’s the best choice. If you don’t believe us, just ask any of the thousands of riders out on the trail every day rolling on GDP Portals.
Perfect for Mud
There’s no better way to tackle a killer mud hole than rolling on a set of portals. The extra ground clearance keeps you from getting bogged down, and the 45% gear reduction keeps your huge tires turning to keep you moving forward.
A Gear Reduction That Protects Your Drivetrain
Because the gear reduction goes into your hub instead of your transmission, your entire drivetrain benefits from it. Your axles, differential, prop shafts, and transmission all experience less stress than they would on your stock machine. You ride harder and your machine runs better.
Unmatched Gear Material
SuperATV use 9310 alloy steel in gears becuase nothing can beat it. But materials aren’t the whole story. These gears are precision ground so they mate perfectly every time and you get smooth, quiet portals no matter how hard you go.
Stronger Housings by Design
GDP makes the strongest portal housings you can get. So whether you choose a cast or billet aluminum housing, you get an awesome case that’s built to perform out on the trail. They’re built with experience and know-how—they can’t be beat.
- Housings are reinforced in all the right places
- They’re built with better oil flow and gearing forces in mind
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—
The Strongest Portal Backing Plates You Can Get
The backing plates hold your whole suspension together so they had to make them beefy. That’s why SuperATV use a special steel alloy that’s stronger than chromoly steel. At 5/16” thick, hand welded backing plates aren’t just bulletproof, they’re one of the strongest parts on your machine.
Advanced Gaskets and Seals
Whether you go with cast or billet, both housings use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® gaskets with excellent oil resistance and a lower deterioration rate than Kevlar gaskets
- Rubber O-rings that completely seal the housings
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
Bearings That Rock
Even the smallest parts on GDP portals are made with performance in mind. SuperATV output bearings are double-angular contact bearings that are tough enough to take any trail. They’re designed to handle axial loads and extensive torque without breaking—bumps, rocks, and logs won’t wear out these bearings.
Universal Hubs and Slotted Rotors
SuperATV precision-ground, stainless steel slotted rotors stay cool to give you the braking power you need when you need it. They come with 4/156, 4/137, 4/115, and 4/110 bolt patterns and lugs. Because these are the most popular side-by-side bolt patterns, you can fit just about any UTV wheels you get your hands on assuming they’re big enough. SuperATV invented the tapered output shaft that hubs attach to, which provides a more secure lock that won’t wobble or wear over time.
Reinforce Your UTV with a Frame Stiffener
Your Talon 1000R is built for speed, which means that when you load it up with 8” portals and slam into the whoops, you’re gonna bend your frame. That’s why a frame stiffener is required. It’s a heavy-duty stiffener for heavy-duty portals.
Honda Talon 1000R Portal Gear Reduction Recommendations
|Max Tire Size||Required Suspension Setup with 8" Portals|
|43"||3" Lift Kit|
|Max tire sizes are measured at full compression and full turn. The given tires sizes are the largest we fit without rubbing. With minor trimming or a small amount of rub, larger tire sizes can be used.|
(4) Assembled portal hub boxes complete with 9310 gears, seals, output shaft, Thermo-Tork® gaskets, and thrust bearingsIncludes
- (4) Assembled portal hub boxes complete with 9310 gears, seals, output shaft, Thermo-Tork® gaskets, and thrust bearings
- (4) Universal hubs and precision-ground stainless steel slotted rotors with lugs
- (4) Specialized steel alloy backing plates
- (2) Rear bearing carriers
- (4) Steel caliper mounting plates
- (8) Caliper mounting plate spacers
- Extended brake lines
- All required hardware, including recessed castle nut socket
- Frame stiffener (must select at checkout)
- Available with billet or cast aluminum housing
- Cool, quiet, precision ground gears made from 9310 alloy billet steel
- 1.5 in. diameter 4340 hardened steel driveshaft
- 1.5 in. forward and rear offset
- Housings use Thermo-Tork® gaskets and rubber O-rings that don’t let anything through
- Universal hub fits all major bolt patternsâ€¯
- Gear reduction reduces stress on your drivetrain
- 22" or larger wheel required
- Wheels cannot exceed 5" backspacing
- Honda Talon 1000R : 2019+
- Wheels need to have a center hole of at least 3.25" (82.55mm) or require a 1” wheel spacer.