SuperATV Polaris Ranger 1000 6" Portal Gear Lift (PGH6-1-34-30345-RAN1K-B)
Gen 3 Portals Break the Rules
GDP didn’t make the first side-by-side portal kit on the market—just the first kit that anybody gave a damn about. We make Gen 3 portals that work for any kind of rider, whether you like to bury your Ranger in mud or just haul feed. With SuperATV’s GDP 6” Portal Gear Lift for the Polaris Ranger 1000, you can choose between a 30%, 45%, and 60% gear reduction. You can even add dual idler gears for bulletproof strength. Our GDP Portals raise the bar and break all the rules to give you a Polaris Ranger 1000 experience you’ll never forget.
What is a Dual Idler?
Perfection takes time. After years of research and development, we’ve made our dual idler gear portals unlike any other. By placing a second idler gear in the portal box, the load gets spread over twice as much surface area for more reliable torque transfer and the strongest gear set you can get. Two idler gears don’t do a thing if they’re not mated perfectly, though. Precision CNC grinding ensures ours do. Our gears are made from the industry’s toughest 9310 steel alloy. Didn’t think dual idlers mattered? With GDP’s quality and experience, they finally do.
Perfect for All Riding Styles
You never know where adventure will lead, and sometimes your next ride takes you to unexpected places. GDP is built with wild adventure in mind, from trails to dunes to mud. Whether you’re climbing cliffs in Moab or exploring your property, a GDP Portal Gear Lift will enhance your ride. Get a smaller 30% reduction for faster rides that still pack plenty of torque. Bigger tires for rocks or rough rides require a bigger gear reduction—like 45%. Build the mother of all mudders with a 60% gear reduction. Then take your strength over the top with dual idler gears. Portals give you your torque back so your monster build can still rip harder than the rest.
A Gear Reduction That Protects Your Drivetrain
One of the coolest things about portals is the gear reduction that’s built right into the hub. It places less stress on your drivetrain so your axles, prop shaft, differential, and transmission all benefit from it. They work less and you get longer-lasting components.
GDP Delivers Industry-Leading Performance
If you’re not riding on GDP, you’re not riding. A GDP Portal Gear Lift is the best and strongest portal lift on the planet. And you’ve got options, too. Pick from cast or USA-made, CNC-machined 6061 billet aluminum housings. Top-of-the-line housings on top of our 5/16” backing plates make for an unbeatable combination.
- The housings are reinforced for gear retention and optimized for oil flow
- Advanced steel alloy backing plates are stronger than chromoly
- Enhance with Portal Blood —gear oil formulated for GDP Portals
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
Advanced Gaskets, Seals, and Bearings
The portals use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® Gaskets and O-rings with excellent oil resistance and low deterioration rates
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
- Double-angular contact output bearings to prevent premature wear
- Roller idler and drive bearings to maintain perfect gear meshing
Protect Your UTV with a Frame Stiffener
Consider adding a SuperATV frame stiffener to beef up your ride. After all, adding portals, monster tires, and riding like mad can push your Ranger 1000 past its limits. Bolster your frame so you can ride worry free.
6” Portal Gear Lift Includes
- (4) Assembled portal hub boxes complete with 9310 gears, seals, output shaft, Thermo-Tork® gaskets or O-rings, and thrust bearings
- (4) Universal hubs and precision-ground stainless steel slotted rotors with lugs
- (4) Specialized steel alloy backing plates
- (4) Steel caliper mounting plates
- (2) Steel steering arms
- Extended brake lines
- All required hardware, including recessed castle nut socket
- Frame stiffener (must select at checkout)
- Available with billet or cast aluminum housings
- Dual idler gear configuration maximizes strength
- Available with billet or cast aluminum housing
- Cool, quiet, precision-ground gears made from 9310 alloy billet steel
- 1.5 in. diameter 4340 hardened steel drive shaft
- Housings use Thermo-Tork® gaskets that don’t let anything through
- Universal hub fits all major bolt patterns
- Gear reduction reduces stress on your drivetrain
- Dual idler gear configuration adds a 1.5” offset
- Lighter than the competition
- 18” or larger wheel required
- 18” wheels cannot exceed 4-1/2” backspacingâ€¯
- 20” and larger wheels cannot exceed 5” backspacing
- Polaris Ranger 1000 : 2020+
- Polaris Ranger 1000 Crew : 2020+
- Wheels need to have a center hole of at least 3.25" (82.55mm) or require a 1” wheel spacer.